Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Missing Link!

For a great portion of this build I have had a particular thought lingering in the back of my mind. How am I going to fill in the gaps in the cardboard caused by the corrugation? If your first thought is,'Why bother?', my answer is that I believe that if I am going to do something, I ought to do it well. If I try my best and fail, I will at least know with certainty that I'm barking up the wrong tree and I can move on. Anyway, back to the problem at hand.

As the sets inched closer to completion, this lingering thought became a nagging thought. I considered epoxy, house filler (such as Dap), auto-body filler (i.e. Bondo), plaster of paris, and (if you can believe it) paper mâché. Finally, I think I got my head straight.

I decided to cut strips of thin cardboard (like a cereal box), and glue those over the gaps. Simple! As you can see in the picture below there is a decided improvement. Till next week. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment